Artlab provides comprehensive, integrated and strategic conservation advice to a full range of cultural collections, belonging to private individuals, community organisations, corporations, museums, galleries, libraries and archives. This may be in the form of policy, consultancy, project management, or strategic planning, tailored to the needs and culture of our clients.
Artlab is a flexible and solutions orientated organisation that maximises our skill, experience, best-practice methodology and initiative to the provision of useful and practical outcomes.
We are adept at creating project specific teams that can address the intricate needs
of out clients. We can combine preventive conservation, remedial treatment, research, project management, and client liaison expertise as required.
Some examples of the types of advice we have provided:
- Skills and training needs
- Classification of position advice
- Assessment of existing storage facilities and predictions of future storage requirements
- Input into new exhibition design
- Preservation policy, best practice methodology and procedural advice
linked to collections care
- Conservation management plans for the care, use and access to collections
- Business case development